[o313fe]

Driving lesson day again! Woke up early today to go for my lesson. Was crossing the road when I saw 985 whizzing by, without me on it. Humphz. So I had to sit at the bus stop and watch as everyone else who got to the bus stop after me all got on their buses before me. Never mind that, but when the bus finally came, it's 985w again. I thought that route is only going to last for 3months? Have they lost their sense of time? Grrr. So I had to transfer buses again because I absolutely refuse to trek the whole way from Pavillion Park. At the transfer bus stop waiting for the bus, I saw my instructor whizzing by in his car. Talk about seeing moments of your life flashing past your eyes. I finally reached the petrol station slightly late, and got into the car. My instructor asked for my test date again and remarked that I'll have to go for more driving lessons from now till then. Of course man.

I lost count of the number of times I stalled during this lesson alone. Once I stalled at the zebra crossing and held up vehicles behind me. Embarassing. Went to the heavy vehicles park to practise parallel parking again. I knocked down the poles a few times, struck a few times, and nearly struck once but I pulled the car out of the lot again before it did. Even though I knocked down more poles than the last time, I managed to park all in one smooth action without having to stop the car, move, stop, move, stop and move again. Proud of myself. After I left the vehicles park, I was driving along on the road when this woman started flagging the car down. I'm sure of that because I checked and there wasn't a single vehicle behind me. But as I got nearer, she immediately kept her hand and looked away. I remarked to my instructor "What is she flagging? There's no taxi." And this led to a conversation of ugly taxi colours, ugly bus colours and politics and the economy blah blah blah. Then as I continued driving, this old man was crossing the road and something small was following behind him. I had to slow down for that thing, which turned out to be a kitten. So cute. Kitty crossing the road. Oh, and there was once when I had to jam brake because I was cruising on 4th gear and didn't have enough time to change down, slow down, etc. So funny to hear my instructor shouting "Stop, stop! STOP!" I even went to the infamous Jalan Teck Whye u-turn today. Nothing happened there, surprisingly. Was driving around bukit batok and there was this car in front of me that's going no more than 20km/h. Seriously, that's really way too slow. So many vehicles had to follow behind ok? And it didn't help that it was a one-lane road and we all cannot overtake. Moreover, I was unlucky enough to be going wherever it seemed to want to go. Finally my instructor couldn't take it and told me to see where the car is headed and for me to go in the OTHER way. So the car made a right turn, and I usually do that too, but went straight ahead instead. Finally. No need to follow behind the car anymore.

Walked around daiso after the lesson. Looked at this, looked at that, read off the labels in Japanese. So cool. Bought my stuff, and went home. I got a shock when I walked past this small drain 2 blocks away from mine. A bundle of black thing caught my eye, because the drain wasn't covered. Then when I turned to look at it, it suddenly moved and a pair of yellow eyes stared at me. Gave me a fright sia.. but I guess I scared the cat a little too. Then at the block next to mine, I saw this baby bird with its parents. Except that it's too young to be walking around like that. It could barely fly. I was worried so I watched them for awhile to make sure that the little birdie was safe. It tried to hop across the drain, and nearly fell into it. It was like wobbling on the edge before it got a grip and stood still. Then it went and stood in the middle of the road leading to the carpark. 2 vehicles were approaching and I got so worried. The parents had to fly down and coax the bird to move, but it stopped just a little away from the safe spot, where the vehicles still could hit it if they weren't careful. The parents came down once again from their perch, and the little birdie spread its wings and tried to fly. It did, but crash-landed into the bushes instead of at the top of the school fence. Oh well, at least it's safe now. There's a cat around my neighbourhood that goes up trees to get to birds.

Comments