[o203fe]

Back from Sports Camp 2006! One of the best camps I ever been to! (hahahehe) HANZI ROCKS! ORHNI ALSO!

Day 1
Ice breakers and pool games. We tried some Lifeguard course, canoe polo, diving and synchronised swimming. I couldn't dive for nuts. Kept laughing at the person helping me and giggling like hell. My flippers felt so weird and they were PINK. Then when I went down, I kept breathing through my nose instead of my mouth. So sucky.. I really wanted to try out diving leh.. The lifeguard station was fun because of the surf board thing. Like Baywatch kinda surf board where we lie on the board and use our hands to paddle out. Can spin like mad with the direction. After all the stations it was water games. Played Nosey the Seal which was Dog-and-Bone in the pool, synchronised swimming and some Scrabble sort of game in the pool. The synchronised swimming was funny. They gave us Titanic's My Heart Will Go On to choreograph. Was hellish okay, and I nearly became Rose. (Since there were only 3 girls in the OG and Natalyn wasn't playing, so left me and Esther) Okay, so I did most of the planning and I think it sucked. Sigh~ let my OG down. Played alot more games afterwards in MPSH2. I tell you MPSH2 is like a toaster oven because the aircon wasn't on. Anyway for the first 2 days whenever I went into MPSH2 I perspired like I was melting. Night time we had mass dance. I sucked at it. The footwork drove me crazy and I pity my partner, BingZhi. Sorry, Bing. After that we went to sleep.

Day2
Woke at 7.30am for breakfast at 8am. After breakfast was games again. We kept playing those OrbiOrbi games and dunno what slap slap animal game. After breakfast was land games. We tried out volleyball, archery, basketball, street soccer, touch rugby, netball, bouldering and floorball. I managed to hit 2 balloons for archery! Haha but that was after my 4 arrows ran out. Means I took extra tries and got those balloons. Wanted to hit the final balloon but jonathan beat me to it. =p Hahaha then for floorball, I think some guys are cute! Hahaha..oops. Okay la.. I was playing for first half only then I sat out 'cos we got too many players. Basketball... managed to save some near scores. Not bad eh? Touch rug is something I cannot get. Totally cannot understand the game. I cannot figure out how to score when I can only pass backward and sideways but not front. Nevermind about that. Bouldering.. I managed to complete only one rock wall and hung on the terrain-type rock wall. Really, I cannot swing myself or jump on the rock walls okay. The Spiderman who gave us a demo was totally swinging here and there all over the place. Netball.. hmm nothing special 'cos we play that all the time. Street soccer, I didn't like it either. Soccer to me is a guy's game and I will interfere only if I cannot help it. After these tryouts it was time for land games. We played human Foosball, and since I was the only girl I had to be goalie. Not bad, again I managed to save 3 goals. We also had some scissors-paper-stone-splash-water-at-loser game. But ended up we didn't even use the umbrella to avoid the water.. just splashed. 100seconds no NG I ate watermelon. Haha. Without hands. Smeared my face with watermelon juice. The last station was the most fun. We had to do this crawl thing that looked like a worm wriggling. Then spin 10 rounds around the pole and this I failed miserably. Spin and fell to the ground. Haha, cos I very dizzy. Then had to run up this plastic sheet they put on the slope. It was quite steep and they put soapy water down the slope. How the hell can anyone climb up? But my OG managed to make a human chain and pull me up. Haha.. I feel so useless. I ran ran ran went up then slid down. Tried to get a foothold but got more soapy. The guys really helped me alot on this one, but also because I was the only girl left. Then after climbing up, the whole OG had to slide down and the first team to reach the other side will win. Sliding down was fun, but got scratches and soap in my shorts and grass all over. I even got a thorn in my hand. But who knew the station master made us go up again but this time we didn't have to climb the soapy sheet. Someone grabbed me up I remember, but cannot remember who in all the confusion. All stinky and wet and slimy we went back to hall to wash up. Had campus orientation in the night. We 'happened' to know the answers to alot of the stations. Jonathan was a pro at the 4 cards add to 24 game. The crime scene thing was horrendous. Only I remembered the oxo oox xxo formation and only bing remembered the coffee-crysenthamum formation. Unfortunately I forgot the back of the formation. Charades was really funny. Looking at all the actions change from one person to another (I peeked) it was super hilarious. Esther's signature Pikachu and my Barbie doll. Hahaha.

Day3
Sea sports day! Went Kallang (my beloved) for dragon boating and canoeing and wakeboarding. Nothing much to say about these since nothing much happened. Haha. Oh Chee Fei stepped on my hand while trying to move across boats during raft-up. It still hurts. Chee Fei~ (I'm trying to mention as many names as possible) After that we went East Coast for windsurfing! That was ultimate 'cos it's something I never tried before or even thought of trying. But it was hard to maintain balance and I kept falling. Once the mast even hit my head. Ouch. I suffered alot of bruises during this camp la.. those who saw my orh che will noe. Alvin Hong managed to sail out. So darn cool! The instructor made it seem so easy. He just got on and sailed out and sailed in. The rest of us just got on and fell off. Esther managed to sail out too, I heard. After windsurfing we played captain's ball. When we got tired of that, we played more of those 'intelligent games'. All the Johnny Whoosh and MRT station and This Is A Rope games spilled out. After that we had BBQ! First time I had BBQ in a wheelbarrow. Didn't eat much because I was feeling kinda sick of BBQ food already. Some of them even ordered beer.

Day4
Sentosa! Rained in the morning though, and all our laundry got soaked. They pushed back the time to 9am for breakfast but since esther and I were awake we walked to Cheers to do some shopping. After breakfast we had some wet weather games. Pass the ball with different body parts, play volleyball where a lost point meant you had to change to squat position then to prone position. Use our leg to hold a paintbrush and try to paint the opponent first, use our feet to toss a sponge into a pail while we are lying on the ground. Then completed we went to sentosa. At sentosa we had games again (of course). First station was Minesweeper. A guy is blindfolded and has to carry a girl to walk through this mat with boxes marked out with chilli, banana, flour, egg. So the girl has to guide the guy across without stepping on anything. And we cheated, which was hilarious cos we acted like the guys were really blind and cannot see. "Left!" and the guy goes right to step on a blank box. Lol. Alvin Hong carried me and luckily we made it through. Then had to bite an apple that was hanging from a pole. The stationmaster must had known we cheated 'cos she stressed that Hanzi didn't step on anything. Hahaha. The other team had to eat raw eggs. Next was wheelbarrow, where we lifted our partner's legs off the ground n 'wheel' him/her across. Then the dunking started, where all councillors started giving Hoo cards to prevent themselves from being dunked and to dunk others. After that we had this wrestling game in the water, but I totally sucked at it because I couldn't get balanced. Some guy had to carry the girl so I was sitting atop Bryan's shoulders and trying to whack the other girl till she fell. I fell first, but I also grabbed her weapon down with me, so we tied. Next game we played was the scissors-paper-stone game nat, seok, hannah, manda and I used to play. Winner run to loser's base until we get across. But instead of scissors-paper-stone, we had JeanGrey, Cyclops and Wolverine. So messy and it was in the water so it was kinda hard to run. This guy from the other team tornadoed his way across. Hahahaa.. really funny looking. Last up was Drag Queen contest. BoBoChaCha rocked the house man! With XiaoHua (hui kuang) and VirginThai (Bryan) we totally made drag queens blush. Hahahaha. That bryan.. forever full of surprises. He's our BFG.

Day5
Amazing Race! After breakfast we started our race in campus, then it was off to Mount Faber, Labrador Park, Sembawang Hot Springs (Spring's here! Let's go to Mr Wang's Sambal Eggs!), Esplanade, Kallang and finally east coast park. At east coast while having dinner we played all those 'intelligent games' again. That jonathan's full of these games. And it is really frustrating to not know the answers. Lol I even fell asleep for awhile before waking up and I still couldn't get the answer. Only much later that I finally got it thanks to help from esther. Then it was finally time for NIGHT CYCLING! We cycled from East Coast, destination: NUS MPSH2. Really cool! The part though the CBD area was horrendous, with all the cars zooming and some not giving way to us at all. Eugene always stopped traffic for us. Fear for him sia. Our OGL weiheng.. forever giving the stone face was still giving me the stone face when we were cycling. After the rest point at maxwell food centre, the road was smooth all the way. Benjamin cycled beside me and we talked about how we used to cycle when we were young and all the dumb tricks we used to do. Btw Ben looks like PeiJun's twin. They freaking look alike. Hahaha. Okay the Bike Hike was the best activity I had, all those whizzing down slopes and pedalling like mad to race ben. Poor angela fell when she reached NUS. Like, wth? Reach le then fall? Haha. Okay la.. better than fall halfway then have to limp the way back. Yea Bing, I cycled past you, so what? Haha.. doesn't mean I stronger k. After we washed up and everything, gathered at MPSH2 for the night. We reached campus at around 3am. After wash up was abt 4am. Napped abit then woke up and played Indian poker with them. I got one forfeit and drank a little vodka. Turned hot after 5min. But lucky no rash. Weiheng and Alvin were the worse. Kept getting forfeit. Then WeiHeng finally kept on smiling like a dork after getting high with the drinks. Hahahaha.. should see the picture of him sleeping after that. Esther drank one bit and turned red and hot immediately. After that she still had to drink beer. Hahaha. After the drinks ran out we played Polar Bear and then fell asleep. Woke up the next morning with all the sleeping bodies splayed around me. No one else awake yet so I continued sleeping. Until finally XiaoWen awoke and I made her stay awake with me till the rest all woke too. It was like only the last day that we really bonded and everyone got mad. After we broke camp, went for lunch at subway. By then I was so tired I could barely think and just got XiaoWen to pick the food. Finished, me, xw and bing cabbed home. Slept till 6pm woke up, felt that I was suffering from Camp Withdrawal Syndrome because I was so used to having people around me and having activities lined up. Boo.. wanna go back to camp. Dowan uni to start! Haha. Okay so that was what happened during the past 6 days I wasn't here. =) And btw my name's become OrhBaKak in the Orh family with Orhbi jie jie, OrhBiang gor gor, Orh Che gor gor and Orh Kang gor gor. Lol.

Comments