[o402fe]

On monday I was feeling a little worn at the prospect of life-less week ahead of me. Working at the clinic from monday to thursday, tuition for all 5 days, *groan*. I have to either go to the clinic, come home, rush lunch and go for tuition, or go for tuition, come home, rush dinner, and go to the clinic. It's quite tiresome. Hopefully this week's the last week I have to endure this. I want to rest before I start school again. Man, I'm even kinda glad to be going back to school.

I was feeling heck-care, and to show it, I dragged my umbrella on the ground and up the stairs all the way home. I haven't done this since I was a little kid no more than 1m tall, when the umbrella was almost as tall as I was. Of course, my mom would yell and make me stop it, saying it will break the umbrella or something. Something about dragging the umbrella was kind of soothing and relaxed, and since no one was with me, I didn't care.

Then on the way home from tuition, I saw this 2 boys riding their bicycles downstairs. One of them was cycling through a puddle and making circles with the wet tire marks. Another thing I used to do when I was young, a cycling devil on a red bicycle, with my group of childhood friends. (Wonder if they still remember me though, since we all moved away.) Our moms would play badminton on the court opposite my block (when I lived in Bukit Batok), my sister would play dolls with a girl her age, and I would be cycling with the boys on this empty lot right outside the badminton court. There would always be a puddle at one end of the lot, and I would cycle through it and around the lot, making a picture that I imagined was a hairy woman. Because the water always runs out by the time I reach the other end of the lot, that's why. Anyway, I spent almost every friday evenings doing that with my friends, and because of the dirty water I kept cycling through, I got some skin problem at my big toe. Still remember the stinky medicine I had to apply and then wrap my toe in gauze to prevent me from making splotches of medicine on the floor. From then on, no more cycling through dirty water for me. But then, they built a rather steep ramp leading to the badminton court, so of course we all began riding down that, forgetting about the dirty water. And there were those stairs that could lead both upstairs and also to the other side of the stairs. We had an absolutely great time playing chasing and hide-and-seek there.

And no wonder I am such a tomboy. I hung out with boys most of the time when I was young. Let me see if I recall their names. There's Wei Jie (whose sister is Wei Ting, my sister's friend), Meng Chee, Bao Yuan. I think that's it. There used to be another girl, Yi Li (I think that's how it's spelt) but she moved all the way from Bukit Batok to Pasir Ris when we were in K2. I only moved away after Pri3. Hmm.. my mom still see their moms, but I don't see their children. So I don't have any idea how they are doing either.

Comments