[o471fe]

Haven't blogged in such a long time, but feel the need to now. Posting on fb might just invite too many ppl's concern/worrying/asking, which I just don't need right now.

Been feeling unusual lately, and work was affected. I just thought it might be due to exhaustion cos I haven't had proper rest since the beginning of the term. Had to attend a course during the march holidays which totally took up all my breaks and then there was the chalet. So I had these hot flashes kinda things which kept me awake at night and I would break out in total shower-type sweat. It got kind of worse when I went back to sch yesterday for the first day of T2. I just perspired so much I got slightly dehydrated. So, decided to go see a doc and gt persuaded by my dear to go to a private clinic instead of the polyclinic.

Went in, the queue was short and the told the doc my symptoms. Without hesitation, she said she suspected that I might have thyroid and would need to take a blood sample to send for testing. My mind was just filled with a weird sense of calmness and she strapped on the restrictor and I asked her some questions. Drawing blood always freaks me out and I might be going to take blood tests for life now. Fate loves toying with us. The irony. So after taking my blood, the doc asked me a few questions to check for other symptoms. Turns out I have all of them.

I went home, and told my mom about what the doc suspected. She just freaked out and said my neck was swollen, which means I do have thyroid. She kept blaming herself for not suspecting earlier and noticing it when all the signs had pointed to it. She even tried to go back to the clinic to ask the doctor but it was closed for dinner. I was horrified that I had not noticed the swelling in my neck at all.

Went back to the doc again just now to get an MC cos I just didn't feel good enough to go back to work. My mom accompanied me and told the doc about my neck. The doc seemed to agree that I had thyroid, but wanted to wait for the blood test result tomorrow before confirming anything. I might have to take meds for life, or undergo surgery and stuff, my neck might just become so bloated it will look like my personal swimming buoyancy aid.

The internet scares me. I'm kinda scared too.. sigh.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Τhаnks а lot for shaгing this with all
folκs you actually recognize what yоu are speаking apprοximаtely!
Bookmarkеԁ. Рleаse alsο dіscuss wіth my web sitе
=). We cοuld have а hуpeгlіnk trade аgreement аmong us

my blog ask restaurant