[o403fe]

Last Friday, Jason and I met for dinner at Al Azhar. Ordered the usual dishes, maggi goreng, milo dino, kambing soup. Then I suddenly remembered about pappadam. I don't know how it's spelt, but it's that flat yellowish cracker thing sanjay and ali used to eat in pjc. So we called the person over and tried to order it. I'm pretty sure I pronounced it correctly, but the man gave me a puzzled look, because I think he didn't think we would know how to eat it. Anyway he seemed to know what we wanted and left our table, only to come back with another guy who asked us whether we did order pappadam. I said we did, and we wanted 2 packets. Lol. Anyway we got it, and I dipped it in the kambing soup. Nice what. Big J said, "Got such thing one meh. Can like that eat one ah." I said, "Of course," and he proceeded to dip his own pappadam into the soup. Then I dipped it into his curry. And another type of curry. And even the milo dino. Hahaha. Eclectic mix, but passable.

After the wonderfully satisfying dinner, he suggested we drive down to West Coast macs, where his altis club was meeting. So we went there, and as we were early, we decided to go amuse ourselves with the playground and obstacle courses. I was excited to see the flying fox, and ran to it. We got an unoccupied flying fox, and Jason asked me to climb onto the seat. Damn, I was kinda too short and had to jump up on it, which was kinda difficult considering I was wearing some loose-y three quarter jeans. Not exactly flexible material. When I finally got on it, he just pushed me off so hard I was whirling and whizzing on the flying fox. I sort of panicked too, squealing with delight and the surety that being calamafee, I would fall along the way. Well, I got stuck towards the end, momentum finally losing out to gravity and my weight, or whichever one of Newton's laws of motions. So I was dangling there, not daring to jump the height and too overwhelmed to swing myself anywhere. By then I was gripping the cable so tight I could feel my blood draining. But it was fun. I finally managed to get off with J's help.

Then it was his turn. I swung him as hard as I could, which was difficult considering I was laughing myself into stitches. The sight of him, and also from what I just experienced, was too funny that I kept laughing and giggling. He was sent off spinning, just like I had, which made me laugh all the more. He finally stopped before reaching the other side, just as I did. See, that's why big kids like us seldom play these things. I took 2 shots of him on the flying fox, which I might choose to upload later. (Hahahaha)

After that we just ran around playing on the balance beams and balancing course of course having a big kid like big J all the time trying to terrify the hell out of me by jumping and shaking the ropes furiously. Whatever. Then came the part of the see-saw. Hilarious. But I guess I shall not talk too much about it. Let's just say the sight was pretty funny. Finally, we went into macs and had nice ice cream and cold drinks. I say, we should go to the playground more often.

Kinda sad that Dr Ong Chit Chung passed away at such a young age. His death has more of an impact on me than any of the other important people. He was the first MP who shook my hand. Mind you, he shook my hand, not the other way round. Haha. That was way back in kindergarten at Bukit Batok, when I was standing infront of the principal's office and I remember the fish tank that was just across the gigantic window. He struck me as a very tall and friendly man, whom for some reason must be rather important to be going around and shaking people's hands.

Oh well, as they say the good guys always die first. RIP, Dr Ong.

Comments