[o409fe]

Instead of going to redhill, I had woken up on Saturday morning, quickly made the icing for the cake, spread it on clumsily, pushed it gingerly into the box, went to shower and prepared for The Surprise. Cake box in one hand, present and my own bag hanging from the other arm, I boarded the bus, praying that I don't fall flat on my face and thereby squashing the precious cake. I was teetering on my slight heels, I'm really amazed how other women can prance about in them. I think they never had to walk with no free hands on a moving bus. Then, when I was reaching he smsed me. His meeting was over and I got a feeling he was on his way home already, from the way he was replying my msges. So there I was, praying hard that I will reach his house before he did, but the bus was crawling ever so slowly!! Plus I still had to transfer buses. The agony and panic man.

I reached his block and was looking around trying to spot their car, and thankfully, I couldn't see it. So I went upstairs and pressed the doorbell. Another lucky thing was that his parents were at home to open the door for me; so far my plan was going smoothly. His mom helped me check where he was, only to find out that he just finished lunch at school and only preparing to come home. Oh well, at least that made sure he wasn't home before I was prepared. Haha, his mom always helps me sound out his location during my surprises and also make sure he doesn't go anywhere else except straight home. I read RD, 8Days, and finally heard the familiar beep of the car. I went into the balcony and waited. Those minutes felt like hours, and I almost forgot to breathe because I was so afraid that I would make some sound that might give me away. Then I heard the jangle of keys and when the door opened...TADA! I popped my head from the side of the door with the cake box behind my back. His confused expression is priceless. I wish I had a camera to take a video of it. He just stood there stunned and a little lost and didn't even move. When I handed the cake to him, he took it, but didn't know there was a cake in it. Lol. Too surprised to even think.

Went to sunset way for dinner at that steamboat buffet place. He was so happy and just like a little boy, contented to be able to watch his food cooked on the little grill or in the steamboat. Didn't take much pictures, and most of them are in his camera anyway. Seriously, he looks like a boy boy who's been given his favourite-est toy. Or maybe just a boy who gets to cook his own egg in the soup. Hahaha. Glad he liked my surprise. His smile through the whole day makes all my time and effort the past weeks so worth it.


But that was not all. On sunday, him, me, his parents went to PartyWorld to celebrate his birthday. I must say it is a new experience for me, going to karaoke with people much older than me. Haha. So some of the songs we sang were really old, and I sang Papa Loves Mambo. Dear was shocked to realise that I was actually singing along to this song his mom was singing, which was a really old song. I don't know how I know the song either. Then we were like, high on this Subaru song for no reason, with Jason and his mom going "SUBARU!" each time the chorus came. Lol. That was about the only words they knew. After ktv, we drove to vivo and had dinner at modestos'. I had Al Funghi pizza! It's so much better than the pastamania one. Went back to his house after that and ate the cake that had no candles. Hahaha, I really didn't know where to get candles for the cake. So he made a wish after the birthday song and blew out the imaginary candles. Sorry about that dear! So to sum it up, dear celebrated his birthday twice with me this year. Isn't he lucky? Heehee.

And I just video-called him to serenade him with a birthday song, my last surprise for him for his birthday. Haha. It was so embarassing. I still haven't managed to learn the guitar chords, and the only chords I could play were C and G. So instead, I plucked the strings note by note and thankfully, it sounded as I had practiced, only choppier and with all the giggles because I was so nervous. It really is hard to sing while playing the guitar. Oh goodness, I think I will never master the guitar.

Mission accomplished! Yay!

Comments