[o442fe]

I was preparing the flowers jason gave for drying the other day when I got a huge, horrigible shock.

And this is the aftermath of my shock.
I was cutting the flowers off the stems cos the stems were growing mouldy. At the 3rd rose, one of the petals was falling off, and there was this little bit that was a little blackish. So I pulled back the petal and THERE IT WAS.

A FAT, LIGHT GREEN COLOURED CATERPILLAR!!!

I immediately threw down the flowers and ran around the house and shrieking and wailing and 'AHHHH'-ing. I stopped for awhile in the living room and then I thought about the worm again, which started me off running yet again. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone else at home. I certainly looked mad. I just kept screaming and screaming and running and running. Then I decided to call jason and began whining to him. The moment he picked up the phone, I screamed again.

"Worm, WORM! AHHHH!!!"

The stinking caterpillar.

After whining for abit, I called him back with my mobile so that I could have 'him' beside me when I'm to do the courageous deed.

I grabbed a plastic bag (yea, so environmentally unfriendly) and tried to pick the flower up. But the thought of me being able to feel the texture of the rose through the plastic bag gave me the heebiejeebies so I put the whole bunch of flowers in instead. Then I went and got some paper from the recycling stack and tried to scoop the rose up. It threatened to roll onto my arm and I started shrieking again. When I finally got it on the paper, in one swift movement, I rolled it into the plastic bag, grabbed it and squeezed it down the rubbish chute.

Phew.

I've recovered from the shock, but I still dislike caterpillars. I don't care for the fact that they turn into beautiful butterflies. I don't like butterflies either :[

Comments