[o470fe]

I really don't understand why there are so many copycat incidents on large-scale Singapore events. Are we really lacking creative people here?

I accompanied the p5s to the NE show last night and they performed the song 'Stand Up for Singapore'. They also played a video, which was sort of a webcam montage of Singaporeans singing the song.
Which was okay, until I realised that it was very familiar like I've seen it before somewhere. And that's when I remembered that I saw this video which was similar, from Wes' blog a long time ago.


Total rip off. I couldn't find the full video of the 'Stand Up for Singapore' one, but please watch the link I pasted before you watch NDP 2010. You will realise that it's creative, but copied.

It's really sad. After last year's National Day advertisement they haven't learnt. Or perhaps they did learn: that they can copy ideas from other countries. Last year, the ad featured a girl who kept colouring her drawing block red. And her teacher was worried, called her parents, thought she had a psychological problem etc, until she realised that it could be like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, so she pieced them all together in the hall and the final product was actually a giant Singapore flag. The Japanese ad was exactly the same, just that the final product was a whale and that the boy kept colouring his entire paper black, which was more valid a reason to think that the boy might have a problem. After people viewed these 2 ads, many bashed the people behind this ad for copying wholesale an idea and using it proudly.

There is another case of copying used by SMRT, which I found from a group on Facebook.
This:(Image courtesy of vivalife from http://vivalive33.blogspot.com/2010/06/twitter-vs-smrt.html)

From this:


Notice the similarities? And the irony is that the image from twitter is used when their service is down. SMRT should really check their sources before they publish anything.

Seriously..what's wrong with the creative agencies these days? Even I can do better than that. All the anti-plagiarism, anti-copyright infringement they taught us in schools, and this is what happens? Please stop copying. If need be, get ideas and then modify and adopt it!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's a shame you don't have а ԁonate buttοn!
I'd definitely donate to this outstanding blog! I guess for now i'll ѕettle for bοoκ-marking anԁ аԁding
youг RSЅ feеd to mу Gоοglе account.

I looκ forwаrd to new updаtes anԁ will ѕhare thiѕ blog with my
Facеbooκ grouр. Talk sοon!


Mу web site online fashion games