[0219fe]

BOEYKIMCHENG is in the NEWSPAPER! BOEYKIMCHENG!

OH GOSH. I THINK I SHALL TYPE THIS POST IN CAPS. YOU KNOW HOW SHOCKED I WAS TO SEE BOEYKIMCHENG IN THE NEWSPAPER? VERY! HE IS A SELF-PROCLAIMED EXILE (okay so he doesn't use this word on himself, but still.) WHO HAS RETURNED TO SINGAPORE WITH A NEW COLLECTION OF POEMS. GOSH. GOSH. I WAS FLIPPING THROUGH THE NEWSPAPER WHEN I SAW HIS PICTURE AND I THOUGHT TO MYSELF, "Hmm this guy looks familiar... BOEYKIMCHENG!" RIGHT EVEN BEFORE I SAW HIS NAME IN THE CAPTION. THIS IS THE VERY GUY WHOSE TEXT I STUDIED FOR A's AND WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT TO COMPREHEND AMONG THE REST. I NEVER GOT PAST THE PASSING MARK FOR HIS ESSAYS. (up till the a's i guess.) Mr Eddie Koh, your beloved poet is featured in the NEWSPAPER. ARGH. EEE. WAH.

Oh well.. my mom stole the newspaper into her room. I cannot quote an extract of what he said in the interview since I was never good at memorising excerpts (especially since it's mr boey) and his words are often tinged with the signs of depression. Hahaha.. I know people may slam me for saying that, but hey, that's my opinion. And I still don't really like his poems.

Comments