[o299fe]

2006
2007

2006 is finally coming to an end. It's been a year of all the ups and downs, and of surprises. There has been bad surprises, but there are good ones, and well, everything's just happened. Friendships were lost, made and found. My jc buddies, the o4Ao2 clique (seok, siyan, nat, manda, hidayah, astro, gordon, alistair, desmond, keith, mr eddie koh->bintan gang) , the Canoe team, Conz, Ethan, Wolf, Sam, the NUS Sports camp people, the Arts Oweek people, LAJ1201 people (especially TA26, and victoria from TC8), JS1101e project group (shiqi, joanne, sok wan and vanessa), JS2216 project group (juling, wenhui, and sufi), my theatre studies practical group people (especially jason and wes, we seem to be the 3 musketeers), my theatre studies practical exam group (rebecca, doris, wes, viki, geraldine and syima) and last but not least, my sociology society people.

I cannot deny that 2006 has hit me in the worst ways possible, with my grandmother's sudden admission into the hospital. The weeks following that was torturous and totally nerve wrecking. The whole family suffered emotional anguish, and with her death came the final straw. It really feels like it's just yesterday. We went to visit her grave this morning and it really, really feels as if everything just happened yesterday when it's going to be a year since her death. As if that wasn't enough, my grandfather passed away too. So I've got no more grandparents. Not forgetting all the family issues that arose with the demise of my grandfather, it just made matters worse. Also, Joey passed away after a few months of suffering from the gigantic lump on his front leg. Miss him so.

Disappointments in 2006 were not few either. I know I have made a few people disappointed in me, and I'm sorry. Some things will never change.

2006 also meant a new start for me, as I began my freshie year at NUS. I went clubbing for the first time in my life. Had to become more independent too. Learnt how to plan my own timetable, and found that I could miss tutorial without realising it until the next day, discovered that some lecturers are just anal in their tutorial group arrangements, learnt more about the language I love, realised that the NUSSU campus map is really handy for a lost soul like me. Taking on new responsibilities, facing new challenges, that's just something I don't do often but yet have done so in just 2006 alone.

To sum it all up, the year 2006 certainly caught me by surprise each and every corner of the way. Times I really broke down, times I just whined and groused to anyone who was unluckily caught to be there at just the wrong time, times I just talked to the little birdie in my balcony,
times I just got wacko to let it all out, times when I just kept silent and tried to blend into the wall. But a nice little surprise caught me just in time before 2006 ended. Thank you.

Farewell 2006, I hope 2007 will be less harsh on me and bring me more lovely surprises than unfortunate ones. Looking forward to another phase in my life. Signing off, writing for one last time in 2006, Fee.

Comments