[o356fe]


I promised that I would blog about my birthday celebrations and here it is! (though now the memory's becoming hazy) Sorry for the delay but school has been rather hectic lately, many problems which I think I shall just save for ranting another day. Prior to the day when Jason and I agreed to celebrate my 誕生日日, I had absolutely no idea where he was bringing me to. The common joke that he was bringing me someplace to sell me off rose, with the usual addition to that statement, "I think I still need to give the buyer money to get you off my hands." So of course I probed for clues, and he told me it was someplace high, and that we were going for teppanyaki. I have no idea where the place was, and 2 nights before my birthday, I dreamt that he was bringing me to the pagoda tower in Chinese Garden for dinner. Oh well, I have the most ridiculous dreams and that wasn't the most absurd one, so I asked him if my dream was accurate. He said no. So never mind, I gave up asking and just waited for the day itself to arrive.

Since it was a wednesday, his free day, he picked me up from school and went to jurong point to watch 881. It was supposedly the first part of my birthday. On the car passenger seat was an envelope addressed to me, and inside was a lovely birthday card with rather touching words on it. Too bad he didn't write it himself, or I would had absolutely swooned right there. Heee.. After the movie, (it's very touching, but I didn't cry!) we went over to this house, slacked for awhile before setting out for dinner. On the way, he revealed that my present was somewhere in the car, and I was to look for it. Shall not go into details about the whole process, but yes, I finally found it. Yup, it's that beautiful star necklace in the first picture. Thanks dear! At that point in time, I was still clueless as to where our dining place would be.

Driving along, I saw that we were going in the direction towards Jurong Island. Jurong Island?!? Isn't that the place where all the oil refineries are? Would there be teppanyaki there? Then he told me (in a tone that told me I was being ridiculous again) "No la, go Jurong Island for what." He finally turned in at the Jurong Bird Park. But we were not going there. Instead, he turned in again to a slope beside the bird park, until we reached a carpark. Beside the carpark was this cylindrical building. We were at some place at the top of the hill, and from there, we could see relatively far. The aroma of teppanyaki wafted from the building, but we decided to climb up to enjoy the view before going for dinner. Yes, the view is absolutely beautiful, especially at night, when all the lights on jurong island were clearly visible. And I thank myself for having a good mobile phone camera. :] Had a sumptuous dinner. Was the second time I had teppanyaki, the first so long ago I start questioning if there even was a first. I loved watching the chefs setting the beef slab on fire, the immense heat in our faces for those brief moments, afterwhich the meat was cooked. Amazing.

Camwhored somemore after dinner, and sadly, because we had school the next day, had to go home. Also thanks to harrison for the present, and the many others who wished me happy birthday!

This is Butter, one of my sister's hamsters. The other is named Seaweed. Don't ask me why. They are currently living in our house, and I would like to think they were rescued from the clutches of her boyfriend's younger brother. Haha. Apparently he handles them roughly. I missed those days when I had hamsters in my balcony, all 20+ of them. The scent of fresh wood shavings and carrots, the sound of them scampering about in their cages, the look of them grooming themselves. So cute! Butter is much fatter, or should I say muscular, than Seaweed. Seaweed looks scrawnier. Butter can run so fast, taking only mere seconds to dash from the living room to the balcony. Phew. We had to run after him to make sure he didn't try to squeeze under the door. Oooh.. I love hamsters!

Comments