[o357fe]

HMV

We all say it quite often, and yet we never questioned what it stood for, right? Well, I learnt this during my Cultural Studies lecture today. It stands for 'His Master's Voice'. Interesting huh? Now let me explain the story...

Here we see the trademark picture HMV uses. The cute puppy standing with its face tilted towards the gramophone. He is curious, because he is hearing his master's voice coming out from the gramophone. Hence the title of this picture, 'His Master's Voice'. The sad thing is, he also knows that his master's dead. And both the gramophone and the dog are sitting on the master's coffin. So touching right? It's quite an emo picture, now that I see it...

Another special event happened today. It's the very first time I experienced an earthquake tremor. Gosh. I'm quite glad it's over. I was lazing on the sofa, reading BabyBlues comics when suddenly my legs started shaking. I thought it was just me being too tired from school and climbing all those stairs today, so my leg muscles were going jelly on me or something. I tried to relax my legs, but it didn't stop them from shaking. So I thought, gosh, this seems quite bad, I cannot even control my legs anymore, that's how tired I am. Then my sister asked if our house was shaking, because she felt the tremors. We looked at the soup bowl and sure, the soup was wobbling. My mother didn't believe that it was earthquake-related, or that we were really shaking. I brought her to the toilet to check if the pailful of water was shaking. It was. Then she came back to the living room and said that she just felt very dizzy, that's why she was applying medicated oil. She then contemplated running downstairs, pacing up and down behind the sofa area. I told her it's probably nothing, since no one else in the block was even doing anything. She then tried to convince me and my sister that it probably was some works going on downstairs. Haha, like, what works? By then I was feeling dizzy too, which I attributed to lack of sleep. I messaged jason, telling him about tremors. Several messages later, he replied that it was indeed an earthquake from Indonesia, 7.9 on the Ritcher scale. WHOA. It's the first time I ever experienced tremors in Choa Chu Kang! And here I thought I was safe since I was relatively far from shore. Anyway, hope there won't be any tsunami or what, because this world is really having enough problems as it is.

Comments