[o378fe]

How long has it been since I last posted? CNY has passed, and it's already february now.

It seemed that this year's cny was good, 'cos it felt like family relations were better. Well, on the surface, that is. Don't understand my father's family. They are mostly weird people. Don't like this person, don't like that person, think that person was glaring at me, etc. Seriously, I thought everything was alright, but who knew. They can all sit down smiling at the dinner table and talk to each other so happily but behind they're all throwing invisible daggers at each other. My mother's side? The third aunt brought her whole family there, which is surprising, seeing that she didn't even bother to call before my grandmother passed away. Now that my grandma's gone, what's the use of coming? Other than the obvious reasons (freeloading on food and angbaos), of course. She doesn't talk much to her siblings anyway. She's always in a world of her own. Used to compare her own daughter with me. Ha. Compare now and eat my dust. My first uncle's even better. He hid at home the whole of cny. I haven't seen him since 2nd Feb when my other uncle treated us to dinner at a chinese restaurant. Typical gbgs. Only appear when there's free stuff. And the more the merrier, towing his daughter along. Horrible fashion sense. Luckily she admits that without makeup her face cmi. From what I heard my third uncle was quite angered that his brother didn't appear. Now that my grandparents are gone, he's the eldest in the family and considered the leader. But, all that he does is complain that we do not consult him before we make decisions, when if we did ask him he would only say, "Anything. Up to you." Then his wife would say, "If we'd known.." after things have happened. zar zai huat qiu liao ah. qiu huat ji liao ah. hi ki.

Time flies too fast. It's already going to be 2 years since my grandma's passing. (According to the roman calendar, not the lunar.) 2 years back this time, all of us were practically living in the hospital waiting room, and gosh, I can still remember the smell of that room, a mixture of sofa chairs used by too many people, coffee from the drinks dispenser, disinfectant and whoever's food. All of us worried and praying that my grandma will finally wake up and recover. Oh well. 2 years, and we all still miss her.

Vday was last thursday, a day of flat roses, a particular cheer bear (I'm sure you've seen it on campus, somewhere along as6), dinner of bak chor mee at the deck and ABT class. Nothing else needs to be said.

This week is e-learning, and boy it sucks. I came back to school especially for a one-hour tutorial on monday, and will be coming back to school for the rest of the week. Like today, I only had a 9-11am lecture, but I'm hiding in the media viewing room till 6pm for cardio class. Woe is me. It's already week 6 of this semester and what have I done? Completed season 1 of Heroes, that's what. I haven't really done much else. I feel like such a slacker..nono. I am a slacker. *yawn* Sorta miss my sister's DS now. My farm has been doing well ever since I found that I would use cheat codes. No more going around pulling weeds off the grounds and then putting it in the shipment bin for money.

Comments