[o389fe]

My 4th aunt from my father's side invited us to buffet out of the blue on sunday. Gosh.. how long has it been since I used that idiom? Anyway, yea. We haven't seen my 4th uncle and his wife for like.. 2-3years? They used to come our house often, bringing gifts and toys and food. But then they just disappeared all of a sudden. We still don't know who offended him, knowing what weird tempers my father's family members have. My father's side is so different from my mom's side, and it's sometimes difficult to talk to them 'cos we're afraid of offending them.

We were invited to Sakura buffet at Toa Payoh, and it was eons since I last went there. Remember the last time I went I ate so much sashimi till I got overbloated with a belly of raw salmon. Hahaha. But this buffet is good, with all sorts of food, grilled, chinese, western, japanese, and their dessert selection was enough to make me feel excited. Cos they had tubs and tubs of ice cream and we could make floats or sprinkle nuts and icing as we like. Plus they had oreo cheesecake! I love oreo cheesecake, even though theirs was a little disappointing. They even had puddings of many flavours and sea coconut and pulut hitam. Lol, even their drinks selection was enough to make one feel lost in indecision.

We saw 小胖, this boy who acted in a show aired during sunday mornings (which means that it's a kids show, you know, the 《乐乐窝》 timeslot). He's really so chubby and funny in real life. He wasn't sitting very far from our table, so we could see what he was doing. Plus we had to walk past his table whenever we wanted to get food anyway, so we definitely could see him. Once when I walked past, he was lying down on 2 chairs and clutching his stomach and saying that he's very full. Imagine ButtButt rolling around..haha. Then another time we saw him take a stack of puddings to his table and putting it down one by one. We thought he wanted to pack it in his bag and bring it home or something, only to realise he was showing his mother all the flavours that they had so she could choose. And of course, he put the rest of the puddings back to the fridge. He was really quite funny with his antics, walking around like he was too full to move or sometimes like in the show.


The yum yum baked mussels and scallops. I couldn't find the lemons at first and nearly took the display one.

Green tea cake, mango cake, chocolate cake and my favourite, oreo cheesecake!


That's me and my sis. (Argh I got flabby arms!)


My fourth uncle, his wife, and my dad. They haven't changed despite not having seen them for years. Funny that they were all wearing grey shirts, including my eldest aunt who's not in the picture. Guess they really are from the same family.

Comments