[o405fe]

Sometimes I really envy couples who go on holiday with each other. They can get away from the people they know to another country, be it faraway ones or neighbouring ones, and spend some time together not bothered by work or any other things. I haven't been overseas with Jason before, unless the time I went KL with him to visit his grandmother counts. We didn't even go alone, we went with his parents. And we all know going on holiday with the parentals are always less interesting compared to going ourselves. Just look what happened when I went Bangkok. The gigantazillion times me and my sis would just roll our eyes and walk as far away from our parents as possible. Parents just don't get it. It's not that I didn't enjoy the KL trip, but it was more of like a meet his family kind of thing. I think I've already met most of his family from his mother's side, staying in the same kampung house with them, having meals with them. The stress of not being able to understand what they were saying added on to the un-holidayness of the whole trip. Talk about stress. And another thing, there's this whole manner of paying for things. His parents paid for my meals and accomodation expenses, which makes me feel like a freeloader. Which is why I often rather go dine with Jason only instead of with his parents, because at least I can pay him.

I started awaking this morning at around 8plus, which is horrible considering how I couldn't get to sleep again last night. First thing I heard when I started gaining awakedness (is there such a term?) was my sister telling my mom that she's leaving for school. Then I remember all the scraping sounds of tough iron on gravel from downstairs. When I finally felt like I was slipping into sleep-land again, Mala woke me by calling from the clinic, asking about a patient's blood test report which she said came back on wednesday. I told her that by the time I got to the clinic on wednesday, May was already there and there was no Pathlab envelope in sight. Then she started telling me that I was there when the patient came in for the blood test. Okay, I only remember one patient from Fujitec, and he was the one whom Mala told me not to explain the medications to him. I don't remember every patient, much less one from 2 days ago. I can remember quite clearly the patients from last night, but seriously, I will forget by this evening. Especially if the next day I have to face another barrage of patients. She told me that the patient needs to come and get his/her report but is currently overseas and uncontactable. Uh, so, like is that my problem? Blood test reports don't come back during the night shifts, which I was on the day the report supposedly came back. She started talking to Dr Loh (whom I can hear very clearly in the background) and then just hung up the phone. Mala's a nice person, but honestly, we don't know what she's doing and who she really is. Sometimes her words are kind of..twisted.

Then there's this one doctor who gets on my nerves. He's an extremely impatient person, totally short-fused. Little things will make him just throw a tantrum like a 3-year old does, and literally throw. I think he threw a medicine basket the other day, which me and my co-worker simply ignored. He seems to like cutting his nails in the office too. While on duty, a patient had requested to collect an anti-biotic the next morning because of an unexpected high fever. I told that doctor about the situation and he simply gave me a, "So what?" So do something, DUH. You're the doctor, I'm the assistant, you're supposed to tell me to do things. Am I supposed to just prescribe the medicine myself? He's the one who went to a local medical school. Which shouldn't be anything worth boasting about. So I stood straighter and suddenly it struck me that he was slightly shorter than me, even though he was in his men's shoes and I in my havaianas. So I sort of gave him a look down and told him, "So the patient was wondering if you can prepare the medicine so that someone can collect it." In the end, I just told him that I would ask the patient to come down personally. I should had done that in the first place and saved myself the wastage of saliva from speaking to him. If one day I finally don't find his anger amusing, I will just shout at him that he's merely someone who happens to be working in his field of knowledge. If I were to throw him an assignment to make an ad I bet he can't even read the nice handwritings, much less produce even a decent ad. Don't feel too proud of yourself, doc. You never know when things come around and get you.

Lastly, I just found out that Estelle Getty of Golden Girls has passed away. Argh. She's like the most humourous character in Golden Girls. Can't believe that she suffered from dementia. Sigh. Yes, I watch Golden Girls. It's classic humour and I feel has a much better quality compared to shows these days. Sophia (her character) never fails to crack me up on weekday mornings when I had my holidays. They don't even show it on ch5 now. Goodbye Getty.

Comments