[o414fe]

Quite alot of things have happened since I last blogged, so let me just try to remember and then document it here.

First things first, my injury list. Yes. I think I should have one for every day that I live. Goodness.

1) Last week's slicing of my finger by the binding plastic.
2) I managed to walk into a corner in my parents' room, thereby creating a 90degrees angle split of my last toe and 4th toe on my left foot.
3) Nearly fell into the toilet as my slippers hooked onto the little raised platform.
4) At jason's house. I successfully rammed my same toes into his tv rack's leg, so my toes performed another split. Wonderful. They should get 10-10-10 for performance.
5) Still at his house. The sky was extremely dark, threatening treacherous rainstorms and lightning and thunder. So as I walked to switch on the light, I rammed my left thigh into the edge of his bed's end-board. Woweee.
6) Still on the day I whacked my leg twice, I was sitting in the car and talking about something and gesturing when my knuckle whacked the side door. It turned very red almost immediately.
7) Today. Jason kicked my big toe on his way past me to go to the toilet. Poor left foot.

There must be more 'accidents', but I just cannot remember all of them. My left foot still hurts, for your information Jason Hau. Lol. And he says it's my fault for being careless.

School has started (so has the Olympics and national day's over) and some lectures have shown some hint that they might be rather interesting. NM2208 is still taught by julian lin, using the same slides and examples. So I spoiled his surprise by revealing what the image actually was. Too bad. TR2201 is taught by this entrepreneur himself, so it's less conventional and I hope, more interesting and for me. NM2217, kevin seems a little weird. And now that I have weifang (wes's girlfriend) for 2208, it seems I won't have anyone for 2217. Grr. Just had NM3215 lecture, and surprisingly I guess all of us managed to fit into lt9. He's quite a talker, the lecturer, but he can't seem to hold our interest. I was already slipping into a writing-zombie mode in there. I'm having a 5 day week, which is really sucky, but let's hope I can plan my timetable such that I won't have many lessons during e-learning week. If we have that, of course.

Last night jason brought me to this restaurant at Fort Canning, called Flutes at the Fort, for my early birthday celebration. Yea, they used papyrus font for almost everything. They even had a valet. Poshy classy place, with me in my $8 black dress bought from bugis and jason in his shirt and jeans, same ensemble as our 1st anniversary. (haha) The food was good, but so were the prices. He told me to only look at the menu and not the prices, but with the numbers just below each dish, how can I not look?

We had lobster bisque, with succulent chunks of lobster in it. I had a rack of lamb for my main course, delicious roasted smell and wonderful flavour, with asparagus and assorted veggies plus a cheese cake on the side. I must tell you, the cheese cake is wonderful. It's not like the usual creamy cheese cake that hints of cheese, but it is the kind of toasted cheese on bread buns kind of cheesy-taste. Totally my kind of cheese. But I think I was too full, and got quite sick of the food, feeling my stomach threaten to throw up some lamb. He had beef dunno-what, and the slab of beef was obviously cooked by a well-trained chef. Apparently the chef's australian, but we didn't confirm. I think the rest of the customers were caucasians, and we were about the only asians there until this guy came in with an SPG and another group brought their caucasian friend for dinner.

Dining in that soft candlelight with dimmed lightings and having the servers grind pepper personally at your table, a stalk of lily in a vase (brought from ikea, I could tell), well, the ambience is definitely great, but it seemed like there was pressure to eat politely. We didn't even really dare to take the camera out to cam-whore. These kinda place, haha for me, going there once to experience it is enough. Don't think I would want to go to these kind of places again. The servers were ocassionally asking if the food was alright, if everything was fine, blah. Then the thing was, because they were mainly non-locals, I had to run through what they said before I could answer and by then I have already looked stupid with my smiling and nodding. We felt inclined to order dessert after our meal, one caramelised banana with young coconut icecream. I took the first bite and my stomach threatened to spew unmentionables again. It was nice, honestly, but I don't know why my stomach couldn't well, stomach it.

Honestly, dear, I very much appreciate that you brought me to such a nice place for dinner with such wonderful food, but I just think I'm not suited to these atas places. Haha. I rather go to NewYorkNewYork and have them sing me a birthday song at the end of dinner. That sounds like much more fun. But, yea, I loved the dinner last night! Thanks my dear!

Think I shall go tanning tmr morning before my lessons. Hmm.

Comments