[o423fe]

Warning! Image intensive post!

I think this would be one of the rare occasions where I post many pictures on my blog. :]

Yesterday I met Cecilia at Bugis as part 1 of her birthday celebration. Treated her to a manicure, where she got persuaded to have PINK nail poslish on her nails! Hahaha. We had the same design done for us, but my base colour is purple instead of pink. Anyway, results were not that satisfactory, but passable la eh.

For the second part of the celebration, we went to Citylink to meet huikoon and yilin at newyorknewyork. On the journey there, I had already mentioned to cecilia about newyorknewyork's service where they sing birthday songs for us. She told me absolutely not to have them sing for us, and I kept my end of the promise. However, huikoon had already left the cake with the newyorknewyork staff, so not singing the song was unavoidable. Lol. Anyway, it's only at newyorknewyork that we started our mini-camwhoring session. At least I tried to take pics of the birthday girl.


All 4 of us! Cecilia, yilin, huikoon and me!

We all kept having a problem with closing our eyes the moment the shutter is pressed. So we ended up taking pictures without giving any countdowns or warnings.

Huikoon and me!Me and the birthday girl! We somehow automatically tilt our heads when we take pictures together. Like there's some magnet attracting our heads.. haha.The birthday card I made for her! Made specially for her with the yellow colours and 4 leaf clovers :] I'm quite proud of it.

At first, we saw another table having a heart-shaped candyfloss 'cake', so we decided that we wanted one too, but in the shape of a star instead, since 3/4 of us LOVE stars. Huikoon went to the candyfloss station and told the service crew about our request, but he went 'HUH' and when she told him further that we will need 3 candles 'cos it's our darling bestie's 21st, he went 'HUH' again. So huikoon came back and told us about it. Anyway they served us only a heart-shaped one with one candle, so I guess a star is really harder to make. Lol.But, nothing will daunt our creative cecilia! She started squishing the candyfloss into a star, turning the curves into points and TADAH! We have a star!

Step 1: Show original shape of cake.
Step 2: Start squishing the heart into a star shape.
Step 3: You're done!So after the candy floss cake was finished, huikoon went and got the staff to bring out the real cake. They forgot about it the first time she went to call them, but quickly brought the cake with some of their crew and of course, the maraccas. And they sang a birthday song for the embarassed cecilia. Haha. I DID keep my promise!


After the cake came, more camwhoring. I don't know what's with the hands making a heart thing, but me and yilin kept doing it, trying to make a decent-looking heart shape.
Huikoon, forever getting suan-ed by us, said that we were wu liao and didn't want to do it at first. Then..
So ya. Huikoon deserves to be suan-ed by us right? Lol.Huikoon looks kinda hungry here. Lol.

We couldn't finish the cake, and just sat there feeling very full with half the cake still on the platter. Huikoon then suggested that we play 'zhong ji mi ma' and the loser would have to eat whatever portion we bet on. Hahaha.. in the end, we kept trying to sabo her, to make her eat the cake. She lost about thrice, so she ate quite a bit of cake. Quite amusing to see how I manage to decrease the range by alot, leaving only like.. 2 numbers or so and her getting the exact number the setter has.
Our horribly disfigured cake. Lol. When huikoon wasn't playing since she's the setter, we cut a small slice on purpose, so that we would still have a large slice left for her turn. Lol.

After successfully finishing the cake, we headed to the terrace garden at the esplanade. Wonderful place, with a rather nice view. Too bad it was kind of crowded and there weren't places for us to sit. So we went downstairs and sat by the river, on the steps. Really nice place too, with the outdoor stage just behind us, so we could hear music from the performance.

We just sat there and chatted for hours, taking a few unsuccessful pictures and teasing huikoon. Lol..we sound quite mean, but it's really funny to tease her. Before we headed for home, we stopped by the hoolahoops artpiece and asked someone to take a picture for us. I tell you, the cameraman is damn good! He made us all look taller :]

I think the last time we met up was for huikoon's birthday. I'm really glad we were able to meet up again, dig up any gossips about people we know and just chillin'. It was a really good and enjoyable date with the girls. Think I haven't enjoyed myself like tt for some time.

Comments