[o447fe]

This will be a rather lengthy post.

In this time and age where information is readily available, one can really scare oneself quite badly.

Take me for example. Last thursday night, I woke in the middle of the night to find myself scratching my hands uncontrollably to the point that they were red and hot. They were itching badly, and I had absolutely no idea why. The itching kept me up for some time and I couldn't get back to sleep. I kept wondering what was happening, and even switched on the light to examine my hands. The paranoid side of me began to wonder if I had disturbed any spirits because it so happened that there was a funeral downstairs. I think I was so desperate that I kneeled beside my window for awhile. After I went to cool my hands under the running tap, I climbed back onto my bed and slept with both my hands deliberately squashed under my pillow and with me lying on top of it. And it was only doing so that I managed to get back to sleep.

The next day, I reached school early. My hands had miraculously stopped itching and there weren't any signs of any problems with them. Went to help yingxuan and cheryl complete their survey and went to the library. Of course, I searched online for symptoms similar to mine. The search turned up various results, ranging from ski-rope burn, barnacle lacerations, carpal tunnel syndrome, stroke and pinched nerve or something. It also so happened that one of the sites I went to had this woman whose name is also fee and also has similar symptoms as the ones I experienced the night before here.

Anyway, my mind began running wild, thinking wild thoughts and wondering what happened. I almost wanted to call my mom and jason to tell them about it, especially since during the night I think part of me wanted to just wail on my bed and scream for my mom and call jason at the same time. There was still a slight tingling feeling in my left thumb (there still is) but as the day wore on, I forgot about it.

Went for 3208 project meeting at com1 and nothing happened until my left eye started to itch. Of course I scratched abit, but I didn't realise that it was red until my group mates asked me what happened. Even my voice changed, becoming deeper somehow. We were at the biz canteen carpark taking pictures for our storyboard when they asked if someone had punched my eye. Of course I told them no one did, and just thought that my eye was so red that it looked like it was punched. After some time when I went to the washroom, I checked my eye in the mirror and saw that it didn't look too bad, and dismissed it as them trying to tease that I have huge eyebags.

After our meeting, which unfortunately ended at 9.30pm, jason and I went for dinner at vivo. He kept telling me that I looked very tired, which was true since I lost quite some sleep the night before. During the drive back after dinner, all of a sudden I felt my right eye swell. It was quite bad and obvious, because even my double eyelid ceased to exist. At my door, jason warned me not to look into the mirror because my eye looked quite painful. I went to look at myself and goodness gracious, my eye was swollen and red. No wonder meiyuan said I looked like I was punched. By then I was panicking, and my sister managed to wake my parents up. None of us knew what was happening, I joked that some spirit must had punched me in the night and it freaked my sister out.

I thought I might be having some serious problem and that my body was going to collapse or something. I looked absolutely horribe. I have pictures, but I rather not show it. I really thought it was possible that I might just die and I would never have the chance to see everyone for one last time.

Then I thought, if I had just died on friday 'cos I really was having some weird illness (I even thought it was the chikugunya thing), I will be leaving this world with quite a lot of regrets.

First of all, I would had wasted the past years of my uni life only to not get a degree.

I would not have had the chance to tell my mom that I love her and am grateful for the love she has for us.

I would not have had the chance to tell my dad I love him too despite all the things...

I would not have had the chance to tell my sis that I love her too and my life would had been miserable without her. (I'm glad I asked my mom for a sibling when I was younger)

I would not have had the chance to hug jason really tight and tell him that I love him for that one last time.

I would not have had the chance to meet my friends and just spend time with them, chatting, crapping, just enjoying each others' company.

I would not have had the chance to carry buttbutt and weedweed and see their cute faces, fat or retarded.

I would not be able to finish my projects with my group members, especially nm3208.

etc, etc, etc.

But of course, I didn't die on friday. And I suspected that I had nettle rash, something I often had in milder doses as I was growing up. On that night, the itch came back and got worse. By then, patches of red began showing up on my arms and legs and even started to swell and I confirmed I got nettle rash. That night, I woke up twice in sheer frustration of the itch that was driving me crazy. Scratching would be bad, so I slapped myself all over to ease the itch. Thankfully, morning came and the rash was gone, although my eyes were still a little swollen.

I still don't know what was the cause of this outbreak. Wonder if it's caused by dust or food? I know I'm sensitive to dust, but is it possible for it to happen at home and in school? Food? I ate what my family ate and no one else had a problem. And the tingling in my thumb..I hope it goes away soon.

Comments